At Nunhems/BASF Quality Assurance Department, we ensure customer satisfaction by reliable and timely delivery of results and accurate prediction of seed lot performance. To meet the expectations of our customer-x-product segment, we take responsibility for seed quality through the BASF value chain. We achieve our department and personal goals in a safe and inspired environment where people are fully engaged and happy to work. The Quality Control (QC) technician executes tests on samples of vegetable seed lots following accredited company protocols. This position is in the Emergence Team at the Parma, Idaho site, performing germination and physical purity testing. The team works together to provide accurate and reliable test results to ensure the satisfaction of our customers.
During your work as a Quality Assurance Technician, I you will…
- Prepare, perform, and complete routine germination and purity quality control tests in a timely and accurate manner according to standardized protocols while maintaining a strong connection to the team and contributing to the lab’s output.
- Proactively seek out information to help solve any identified problems. Identify areas for improvement, take ownership of tasks and consistently follow up on ideas.
- Effectively train co-workers and new employees in specialized tasks and activities to help ensure all team members follow and understand accredited procedures and protocols for consistent test performance according to internal standards and external rules and regulations.
- Operate all lab equipment daily to ensure all settings are correct. Confirm all equipment is fit for use and maintained properly.
- Coordinate with Manager and internal stakeholders to ensure timely performance of testing activities, alignment of Emergence priorities, and a team approach to problem solving.
Qualifications – BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Have a bachelor’s degree in the Natural Sciences plus 2 years of lab experience or 5 years of lab experience.
- Have RST, CVT or CPT certification. (Preferred).
- Are willing and able to work standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Have some experience in Agriculture/Horticulture.
Click below to Belong@BASF!
Create Your Own Chemistry when taking advantage of our Total RewardsYou@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs, and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. We believe investing in you is investing in our success.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. We offer YOU@BASF
- Competitive health and insurance plans including long term care
- Retirement benefits with company-matching contributions
- Learning & Development opportunities like our Mentorship and PDP programs
- Maternity & Paternity Leave and family care solutions
- Flex spending accounts
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program & Fitness Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Access to the BASF wine cellar and much more!
BASF takes security & data privacy very seriously. Will we never request personal or financial information of any kind via e-mail, private text message or direct message on any social media platform or job board. Furthermore, we will never offer a remote position and send a candidate a check for equipment or request any type of payment during the job application process. If you have experienced any of the above, please contact myhrATbasf.comto report fraud.
To Apply online, Go to:
Quality Assurance Technician II (basf.jobs)
Send Cover letter and Resume to:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.