Registration is OPEN and can be accessed via the meeting website HERE.
2023 AOSA/SCST Annual Meeting Participant Registration – Analyzeseeds
Register TODAY to secure your attendance at what promises to be an exciting conference in Saskatoon!
As a reminder—
- Workshops are in addition to the meeting registration and can be registered for online via the above link:
- Sat., June 10th: Germination and Seedling Evaluation; 8am-5pm, $200
- Sun., June 11th: Seed Testing Method Validation, Theory and Practice; 8am-4:30pm; $160
- Sun., June 11th: Genetic Technology Workshop; Adventitious Presence; 1pm-5pm; $125
- Mon., June 12th: Purity Workshop; 8am-Noon; $100
- Tour: Thursday, June 15th
- Traveling to Saskatoon? Make the most of your trip by taking part in Thursday’s offsite tour—please note, this tour is on the last day of the conference from 1pm-5pm, be sure to plan your travels accordingly
- Tour stops include:
- CFIA seed testing lab
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Plant Gene Resources of Canada and Oilseed Breeding facilities
- University of Saskatchewan Crop Development Centre
Let Us Know What SEED ISSUES You Are Facing!!
2023 AOSA/SCST Annual Meeting Seed Issues Forum/Poster Session
We will once again be holding the Seed Issues Forum/Poster Session on Tuesday, June 13th from 5-7pm at the annual meeting.
This is a perfect opportunity to showcase any research projects that you are currently working on, and a great chance to gather input on any seed related issues that the industry or yourself are facing.
Please send an email to Kelly Fogarty at: email@example.com with the following information if interested in participating:
- Title of poster/table
- Electrical needs (do you require an outlet/power?)
- Indicate if you will be presenting a poster or if you will require a table
Thank you in advance and we look forward to seeing everyone’s presentations.
2023 Annual Meeting Planning Committee
Let Us Know What YOU Have Found in YOUR Seed Research!!
2023 Annual Meeting Call for Abstracts for the Research Paper Session
Deadline Reminder: April 30, 2023
Researchers/analysts who have conducted research on germination, purity, cultivar identification, molecular techniques, statistical techniques, bioassays, vigor testing methods, new innovation in seed testing or other aspects of seed physiology, seed quality, or seed testing are encouraged to present a paper or poster at the AOSA/SCST Annual Meeting in Saskatoon.
Indicate if you would like to present an oral presentation or poster in the meeting. Remember that a good, informative abstract presents a complete paper in summary.
- State the rationale for the study in one or two sentences.
- Provide a brief description of the objective(s), the hypothesis, materials and methods, key results, their applications, and the conclusions.
- Give the scientific name for crops when first mentioned in the abstract, after that use the common name.
- Define the abbreviations that are used in the abstract.
- Do not cite figures, tables or references in the abstract.
- Write it in a single paragraph and limit the abstract to 400 words or less.
- Use 11 or 12-point font size, Calibri or Times New Roman.
Please, include the author(s) name(s), address, institution or company. In case of multiple authors for oral presentations, please indicate the corresponding author who will present the paper and the email address.
Email abstracts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please email us.
Sabry G. Elias
AOSA Research Committee, Chair
SCST Research Committee, Chair