AOSA Merit Award Recipients are AOSA members or individuals engaged in seed testing, or with a major interest in seed technology. AOSA appreciates and recognizes these individuals for their significant contributions to AOSA and the field of seed technology. A historical listing of AOSA Merit Award Recipients as well as criteria for nomination can be found below.
|Year||AOSA Merit Award Recipients|
|1959||C.W. Legatt, R.H. Porter, E. H. Toole|
|1968||Benjamin E. Clark|
|1969||Louisa A. Jensen|
|1970||Leroy E. Everson|
|1971||E.J. (Jess) Doyle|
|1973||C. Bernard, W. Rogers|
|1975||Louis N. Bass|
|1979||E. E. Hardin|
|1981||Dwight D. Forsyth|
|1983||Wendell F. Ditmer|
|1988||T. Wayne Still|
|1991||A.B. (Sandy) Ednie|
|1993||No Award Presented|
|1994||Larry O. Copeland|
|1996||Richard C. Payne|
|1997||No Award Presented|
|2001||No Award Presented|
|2002||No Award Presented|
|2005||Ellen M. Chirco,|
|2006||Joe Garvey, Miller McDonald|
|2008||No Award Presented|
|2009||No Award Presented|
|2011||Richard C. Payne|
|2019||Riad Baalbaki & Annette Miller|
|2020||No Award Presented|
|2021||No Award Presented|
|2022||No Award Presented|
We apologize for any errors in the list and that corrections can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The AOSA Board of Directors is soliciting nominations for the AOSA Merit Award. The criteria and procedure for making merit award nominations are listed below. Please submit your nomination in writing by April 30 to:
The current AOSA Vice President,
Eligible candidates must either be an AOSA Affiliate Member, AOSA Associate Member, AOSA Honorary Member, AOSA Allied Member, a person engaged in seed testing, or a person whose major field of interest has been, or currently is, seed technology. The candidate should have made significant contributions in at least three areas and these contributions made to AOSA or in the field of seed technology.
Nominations may be made by any AOSA Affiliate Member or AOSA Associate Member. The name of the candidate submitted to the committee must be accompanied by a concise summary indicating the significance and value of the candidate’s achievements to AOSA. Achievements should be listed in the order set forth below.
- Candidate has served in two or more of the offices of AOSA. These may include the offices of President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, Executive Board Member or Chairperson of a Standing Committee.
- Candidate has appreciably advanced research in the field of seed technology. A list of literature citations should be submitted as proof of achievement.
- Candidate has effectively furthered the use of high quality seed through continued extension activity on a state, provincial, or national basis. Specific examples of accomplishments and/or literature citations should be submitted.
- Candidate has contributed significantly to education in the field of seed technology. This may include teaching of college courses or short courses, and may also include books or training manuals on seed technology written by the nominee.
- Candidate has established a reputation as an efficient and progressive administrator in the correlation of seed testing and seed law enforcement. Achievements in this area should be at the national as well as state level.
- Candidate has made worthy contributions to seed testing at the international level.