gdlr_tab title=”Committee Chairs:”]
|AOSA Chair||SCST Chair|
USDA, AMS, S&T, Seed Regulatory and Testing Division
801 Summit Crossing Place, Suite C
Gastonia, NC 28054
AgReliant Genetics, LLC
1122 E. 169th Street
Westfield, IN 46074
The committee has reviewed several websites with varying degrees of information on how to write a quality assurance manual. Some sites provide free information, while others offer a service or publication at a fee. A brief description of each of the sites is provided for guidance in setting up a quality manual.
- Provides a gallery of Quality Manuals with examples to learn from
- AIMS Research Center Quality Manual is a good example of a complex quality system
- The Quality Manual from Circuit Board Express is a good example of a generic document outlining how the company complies with requirements
- The IBM Haifa Research Lab Quality Manual is an example of an organization that is addressing software development concerns.
- Free samples are available via e-mail, that will include valuable information on how develop a policies and procedures program along with representative procedures that illustrate the writing style and format used in all of their manuals available for purchase.
- Offers for purchase, a 1,200 page manual that contains over 300 prewritten policies and procedures along with 200 sample reports, forms, checklists, exhibits, and job descriptions
- Provides several helpful links to other sites.
- Offers for purchase, comprehensive policies and procedures books for creating a procedure manual. These self-help books focus on setting up the framework for a complete system of policy and procedure documents, and may eliminate your need for a consultant
- Provides links to actual policy and procedure manuals
- Offers for purchase, Quality Manuals for Quality Management with templates for writing Quality Policies and Procedures Manuals
- The Rank-Rite Quality Management Package was developed so any company can efficiently develop its own policies and procedures manuals from proven documentation. Provides a standardized, user friendly format.
- Publications with samples of manuals and key supporting procedures can show you how to develop a Quality Manual without hiring a consultant.
- Provides many useful organization links, including one to ISO (International Organization for Standardization)
- Some of the topics discussed include:
- Over 90% of the material is free of charge
- Translates 17 quality standards into plain English
- How to Develop a Quality System that complies with ISO 9001 2000
- ISO 9001 2000 Internal Audit Program
- Auditing Standards
- Quality Manual Guide
- Quality Improvement
- ISO 9000 Resources
- Directory of ISO 9000 Consultants
- ISO 9001 2000 Translated into Plain English
- Plain English Overview of ISO 9001 2000
Specific subjects are discussed during each meeting. The presentations are shared to assist in forming a QMS system.