Register TODAY! Registration CLOSES May 26th
Hotel Room Block: CLOSES MAY 9th, reserve your room via this LINK DIRECTLY
Registration is OPEN and can be accessed via the meeting website HERE https://analyzeseeds.com/product/2023-aosa-scst-annual-meeting-participant-registration/
Register TODAY to secure your attendance at what promises to be an exciting conference in Saskatoon!
Unable to attend in person? You can register ($100) for virtual registration that will provide you live access to the following in-person events:
- Tuesday (1/2 CE point): Open Rules Update, Q&A
- Wednesday (1/2 CE point): Referee Presentations, Research Papers and Long Range Planning
Individual registrations must be purchased to receive CE points.
VIRTUAL COMMITTEE MEETINGS:
The following list is that of all Committee Meetings that will take place virtually and NOT onsite in Saskatoon.
Zoom links to each meeting will be posted on the meeting website.
• Friday, May 12th, 11am MT: Conservation & Rec./Tree & Shrub Committee
• Tuesday, May 16th, 10am MT: Open Rules Discussion
• Tuesday, May 16th, 11am-Noon MT: Teaching and Training Committee
• Wednesday, May 17th, 9am MT: Exam Committee
• Wednesday, May 17th, 10am MT: Flower Seed Committee
• Wednesday, May 17th, 1pm MT: Vigor Committee
• Thursday, May 18th, 9am MT: Cultivar Purity Committee
• Thursday, May 18th, 10am MT: AOSA Bylaws Committee (Please note that the AOSA Bylaws will be presented and participation/feedback from ALL MEMBERS is highly encouraged.)
• Tuesday, May 23rd, 9am MT: Continuing Education Points
• Wednesday, May 24th, 9am MT: Handbook Committee
• Thursday, May 25th, 10am MT: RGT Board of Examiners
• Thursday, June 1st, 10am-11am MT: Statistics Committee
• Thursday, June 1st, 11am-Noon MT: Moisture Committee
• Tuesday, June 6th, 9am MT: Referee Committee (Closed)
Additional meeting events to keep in mind…
- Workshops are in addition to the meeting registration and can be registered for online via the above link:
- Sat., June 10th: Germination and Seedling Evaluation; 8am-5pm, $200
- Sun., June 11th: Seed Testing Method Validation, Theory and Practice; 8am-4:30pm; $160
- Sun., June 11th: Genetic Technology Workshop; Adventitious Presence; 1pm-5pm; $125
- Mon., June 12th: Purity Workshop; 8am-Noon; $100
- Tour: Thursday, June 15th
- Traveling to Saskatoon? Make the most of your trip by taking part in Thursday’s offsite tour—please note, this tour is on the last day of the conference from 1pm-5pm, be sure to plan your travels accordingly
- Tour stops include:
- CFIA seed testing lab
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Plant Gene Resources of Canada and Oilseed Breeding facilities
- University of Saskatchewan Crop Development Centre
Let Us Know What SEED ISSUES You Are Facing!!
2023 AOSA/SCST Annual Meeting Seed Issues Forum/Poster Session
We will once again be holding the Seed Issues Forum/Poster Session on Tuesday, June 13th from 5-7pm at the annual meeting.
This is a perfect opportunity to showcase any research projects that you are currently working on, and a great chance to gather input on any seed related issues that the industry or yourself are facing.
Please send an email to Kelly Fogarty at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information if interested in participating:
- Title of poster/table
- Electrical needs (do you require an outlet/power?)
- Indicate if you will be presenting a poster or if you will require a table
Thank you in advance and we look forward to seeing everyone’s presentations.
2023 Annual Meeting Planning Committee
Seed Testing Method Validation, Theory & Practice
Sunday, June 10th
This one-day workshop will give an overview of the International Seed Testing Association’s method validation methods and process, including inter-laboratory study. These methods are aligned with ISO standard guidance including ISO 5725 and ISO 17025.
- We will cover study designs for method validation as well reviewing key method validation criteria including accuracy and precision (repeatability and reproducibility) and how they are calculated and evaluated.
- We will review some ISTA tools that have been very helpful in the method validation process including a box plot tool to graphically represent method validation data and an analysis package to get estimates of accuracy and precision with reference back to a gold standard method.
- Participants will get some hands-on work with a couple of these tools and a chance to break out into working groups to design a mock method validation study and get feedback from the instructors, and the group on their study design. There will be also case studies on in-house method validation from seed testing laboratories.
- There will be a discussion on perspectives of regulatory and rule proposal with method validation and verification
Come and join us for some good learnings, tool use, discussions, and fun!
The seat is limited, please make the registration to reserve your seat: https://analyzeseeds.com/product/2023-aosa-scst-annual-meeting-participant-registration-workshop-seed-testing-method-validation-theory-practice/
Workshop Instructor: Kirk Remund, Chair of ISTA Statistical Committee
Reschly Brent, Ruojing Wang
Co-chairs of AOSA/SCST New Technology Committee
Director of Member Strategy and Solutions, Seed Canada
Adventitious Presence Testing Strategies Workshop
Sunday, June 11
Organized by Genetic Technology Committee
Fee: $125 (donated to Seed Testing Research Foundation)
• Adventitious Presence testing methodologies – Protein and DNA
• International standards and references
• Qualitative, Quantitative, and Semi-quantitative processes
Hands on Section
• SeedCalc introduction – Hands On (please bring laptop if possible)
• Particle size and Pool size – Hands On – STRF Sponsored Project
Who should attend: Seed testing analysts who are asked about Adventitious Presence and How to test for it, Registered Genetic, Seed and Certified Genetic and Seed Technologists
To Register: https://analyzeseeds.com/product/2023-aosa-scst-annual-meeting-participant-registration-workshop-genetic-technology