Lan Chi Trinh
Telephone: (704) 810-8870
Universal Seed LLC.
Telephone: (360) 337-6707
The purpose of the AOSA/SCST Referee Committee is to provide a forum for the cooperative implementation of projects related to seed testing among a number of seed laboratories. These projects are chosen and developed in order to fulfill one or more of the following purposes:
1) To promote standardization and improvement in seed testing;
2) To provide opportunities for feedback, training and continuing education to seed analysts;
3) To address issues of concern within a specific area of the Seed Industry and to identify areas where more research is needed; and
4) To test new methods and gather data in order to support a Rules change proposal.
Download Referee Testing Procedures and Guidelines
Download form for posting information on AnalyzeSeeds.com Referee website
If you would like to participate in any active referees, please contact the referee organizers.
In order for our referee projects to provide useful data for the referee organizers, it is vital for all participants to complete all portions and return them to the referee organizers in a timely manner.
- Region 1: Northwest
- Region 2: Midwest
- Region 3: Northeast
- Region 4: Southwest
- Region 5: Southeast
- Region 6: Canada
SCST Chair Rachel Henricks AOSA Chair – Carmela Martinez
- Project: Brassica Root Abnormalities
Contact: Sharon Pike
Purpose: To obtain and analyze pictures and drawings of Brassica sp. roots, what is abnormal or normal?
- Project: Pea Root Abnormalities
Contact: Jennifer Chan
Purpose: Improved pictures/drawings on pea roots to aid in the definitions of normal vs. abnormal.
- Project: Decoating process of grasses
Contact: David Carillo
Purpose: Referee to confirm uniformity in decoating process of grasses.
Chair(s): AOSA Chair: In need of AOSA Chair for this region SCST Chair: Nicolette Hard
- Project: Carex scoparia germination
Contact: Kathy Mathiason
Purpose: To determine appropriate germination methods for Carex scoparia
Regional co-chair(s): Jason Perrault and Nishit Patel
SCST Chair: Sue Alvarez, AOSA Chair: Randy Crowl
- Project: Eriogonoum PSU Uniformity Study
Contact: Terry Freeman & Sue Alvarez
Purpose: Clarification and uniformity study to determine if the PSU for Eriogonum sp. should be changed, or if more training is needed.
- Project: Sweet Corn1/2 coleoptile seedling evaluation study
Contact: Valeria Silva & Olga Maseda
Purpose: To evaluate the application of the ‘1/2 coleoptile rule’ when applied to sweet corn.
Regional co-chair(s): Andrae McMillian and Kevin Buis
- Contact: Andrae McMillian
Purpose: To test for retrieval and identification of ‘Argentine’ vs. ‘Pensacola’ bahiagrass.
Regional co-chair(s): Janine Maruschak and Tauhid Parvez
- Project: Canarygrass Germination
Contact: Lei Ren, CFIA
Purpose: Canarygrass germination method evaluation.
|Bromus Identification Referee||2008|
|Canada Virtual Seed ID: Linaria sp. and Solanum sp.||2018|
|CFIA Virtual Seed ID||2014|
|Identification of Clover Seeds||2015|
|Thistle Identification Referee ID Guide and Results||2017|
|Virtual Seed ID Instructions and Answers||2013|
|Virtual Seed ID:CFIA||2015|